Common expat neighborhoods include:
• 1st, 4th 7th and 8th districts (most expensive)
• 15th district (lively)
• 16th district (more residential and quiet, very Parisian)
• Western suburb of Paris (very expatriate oriented)
Rental Housing Cost
Rent depends on the type, size, and location of the property:
• Studio 850-1,000 or 1,000-1,500 EUR
• 1 Bed: 1,000-1,500 or 1500-2500 EUR
• 2 Bed: 1,500-2,000 or 2,000-3,000 EUR
• 3 Bed: 2,500-3,500 or 3,500-5,000 EUR
• 3 Bed: 3,500-4,500 or 4,500-6,000 EUR
• 4 Bed: 5,000-6,000 or 6,000-8,000 EUR
Public transport is very efficient within Paris (Metro) and near suburb (RER). Most expats do not own personal vehicles.
Paris is the most visited city in the world. Apart from the tourist areas many others look like villages. Some are multi-cultural oriented or extremely Parisian, depending on the districts.