Minimum Rental Periods
The minimum rental agreement period is typically 1 year with payment in advance.
Required Documents for Signing a Lease
Typical documents required to sign a lease are a valid passport and proof of employment.
Standard Security Deposit
The security deposit is equivalent to 2 months’ rent.
Local Norm for Returning the Security Deposit
The security deposit is returned after completion of inventory, inspection of the unit.
Should you utilize the services of a real estate agent to help you in your search, agencies usually collect rental commission equal to 1 months’ rent.
Payment of Rental Commission
The agent’s rental commission is typically paid by the landlord.
Accepted Method of Payment
Wire transfer and check are acceptable methods of payment. Philippine Peso is the preferred currency for payment.
Some international schools have non-refundable application fees of approximately $450 per child.
Typical school entrance and registration fees range from USD 3,500 to USD 5,500 depending on school and the year level of the dependent.
Accepted Method of Payment
Wire transfer, check, and cash are acceptable methods of payment.
International schools typically have a waitlist and practice a prioritization policy in accepting students
Typical documentation required to obtain a driver’s license include:
• Original and photocopy of a valid foreign license (if the foreign license is not in English, you should submit an official English translation from the local embassy of issuing country)
• Original and photocopy of valid passport advising most recent date of arrival in the Philippines
• Original and photocopy of valid visa or alien certificate of registration / ACR (visa stamp should have at least one year validity from date of application)
• Medical certificate with official receipt issued by an LTO accredited or government physician
• Duly accomplished application for driver’s license (ADL)
• Taxpayer’s identification number (TIN)
If the foreign license is expired, the applicant will be required to take written and practical examinations.
It is required to be in person during the application for medical examination, finger printing and photo capturing at the (LTO) Land Transportation Office. The application process generally takes about 3-5 hours.
There will be a written and practical exam if foreign license is expired
In order to open a bank account, you may be asked for:
• Certificate of Registration (ACR-I) card with photocopy of it
• 2 valid ID cards with photocopies of them
• 2-3 identical photos (1x1in in size)
• Minimum payment deposit amount required by the bank (in cash or check – roughly PHP 5,000 to 10,000)
Typically, opening a bank account can be completed same day.
US nationals will be required to provide a completed IRS Form W-9 before they can open an account.