Common expat neighborhoods include:
• Eastern Suburbs (Bellevue Hill, Vaucluse etc.)
• Lower North Shore: Mosman & surrounds
• Upper North Shore: Roseville, Lindfield, Pymble, Turramurra
• Lower North Shore (Neutral Bay, Cremorne, Kirribilli)
• Darlinghurst, Potts Point, Surry Hills, Paddington, Manly, Bondi, Balmain
Rental Housing Cost
Rental housing cost varies depending on the type, size, and location of the property.
2-4 bedroom homes in Mosman and Eastern Suburbs rent for an average of $1,500 AUD per week (6.,500 AUD per month).
An average 3-4 bedroom home on the Upper North Shore rents for approximately 1,000+ AUD per week.
A 2-4 bedroom house in Parramatta rents for approximately $500 per week
Sydney has an extensive network of public transportation which includes light rail, buses and ferries.
Australians drive on the left-hand-side of the road. There are different driving regulations in each state and territory, so it is important to familiarize yourself with the road rules.
The national day of Australia, Australia day, is celebrated on the 26th of January. It marks the day of the first landing of British convicts to Sydney.
Cricket is Sydney’s most popular summer sport.